Vigil camera has become unreliable

I’ve had the camera for a couple of years and it’s been great. Recently, the app shows a live view of outside but when I go to Settings, General, it says “no sd card” and shows “0” for strength of wifi. I can sometimes see the images for motion detection but usually not the video. When I can see the video, it begins after the motion has taken place - car entering the garage, for example - but it skips time. The first time I opened the enclosure for the sd card, the card just fell out. Finally, I bought a new 64GB Samsung Pro Endurance card installed with power off, but no change. I checked that card once and it also fell out with the cover. It is pushed all the way in; I do know how to install them! I was careful to make sure the wires do not touch the card. The old card seems to work fine in my desktop. When I use it in the camera, I let the camera format the card. Two more notes: I just changed ISP so my wifi went from 300Mbps to 100Mbps. Still, when the app is able to show wifi strength, it is excellent, around 85. I also use a Rock Space AC1200 wifi extender.

Well if you’re having problems with those speeds I’m wondering if mine will ever work. My speeds are 10mb both directions but that is sufficient for the cameras. It’s just rubbish firmwares. My sd card no longer works either!

6 months constant issues. Reliability being the cornerstone of cameras!

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your supporting. Please try to reboot the camera and re-insert the new SD card.

May I know how long the camera has been used?

Best regards.

Thank you for your response. I purchased the camera from Amazon on November 2, 2019. I tried rebooting but it fails. When I go into “General” settings, a rotating green circle appears and does not go away. I unplug the camera and re-insert the card. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Two times I tried deleting the camera and go through setup again. One time it worked but only for a short time. I can see what the camera sees and I can see one image of the notifications but I cannot watch the video.

1 Like

Am sick to death of this camera. We have only had it since christmas and a week ago the colour went … and we only have pink or black and white

Dear Customer,

Please send your device ID and Amazon order number to support@netvue.com. Please mention that you already reported the problem on our Forum.

Our customer service agent will reply you about the solutions.

Best regards.

Dear Customer,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please please try to reboot the camera.

If still failed, please send your device ID and Amazon order number to support@netvue.com.

Our customer service agent will reply you about the solutions.

Best regards

I’ve started to have this same problem. Tried to get help he kept going on about some delay. When a cat drives by I have two cameras set up. The second captures the car the first one now is a black screen while the motion is happening. I had trash guys out front for 10 mins and it missed all of it. It just stated doing this this week. I’ve restarted everything. I was able to play it back from the sd card. Makes no sense I used to see cats going n coming up until a week ago.