Solar panel troubleshooting

Having the same issue, will not hold a charge and shuts off, what’s the fix?

I have the same issue it goes into sleep mode and will not wake up, is there a solution to this problem?

I have reached out for support but have not received a solution.

My camera won’t charge at all now. The solar panel Is plugged in and when I turn on the camera I get a blue light with audible tone then immediately a red blinking light and it shuts off.

Hi, there,
Could you please try to use a wall charger to charge the camera first? We need to confirm if the solar panel is defective or the camera.
If the camera works with a wall charger, we will send you a new solar panel soon.
If the camera is not working with the wall charger either, try to push the reboot hole next to the power button to hard reset your camera.

Netvue

Did you get this fixed? I’m having the same issue

We are having the same charging issue in that when the camera charges from the solar panel, the camera goes offline.
How do I go about getting this fixed?

Hi I just received the birdfeeder as a gift and it will not hold a charge at all. Help! I’ve had it plugged in for 2 days. The solar panel is not on and the waterproof cap is not on. We have tried multiple cords and have tried the hard reset. NOTHING is working.

2 Likes

Same issue. Camera charged initially once, but all attempts to recharge have failed. I attempted to contact Halfrey at the address above, but she’s obviously quit as it bounced back.

This is really disappointing considering the cost of this product. Please provide a current customer service email address.

Yes, I’m confused as the solar panel doesnt have anything to protect from the rain. If I leave it plugged in, the rain will get in the Birdfy. Am I connecting wrong?

There are 2 situations related to the charging problem, troubleshooting is below:
A. Camera works with the wall charger but no solar panel:
Please confirm whether the solar panel is well connected and can receive sufficient sunlight, and make sure the temperature range of the camera when charging is 0~40°. If it does not work, please use a wall charger to charge the camera first, then connect it to the solar panel after fully charging and continue to observe. We will replace the solar panel for you if nothing works.

B. Camera does not charge with a wall charger:

1. If the Type-C port on the back cannot be charged, connect the camera’s top USB port directly to a wall charger and check if it can be charged normally.
  2. Please make sure the specification of the charger is 5V/1.5A or above, try to use another charger or cable.
  3. Pay attention to the status of the indicator light during charging. The status of the charging indicator light should be a constant yellow light, it will turn green when fully charged.
    If the indicator light is not on when charging, please push the P button next to the power button and pay attention to the camera’s status. If it can be restarted normally, charge the camera after restarting.
    If nothing works, please send en email to support@netvue.com with your order information and shipping address, we will send you a new camera.

Netvue

There are 2 situations related to the charging problem, troubleshooting is below:
A. Camera works with the wall charger but no solar panel:
Please confirm whether the solar panel is well connected and can receive sufficient sunlight, and make sure the temperature range of the camera when charging is 0~40°. If it does not work, please use a wall charger to charge the camera first, then connect it to the solar panel after fully charging and continue to observe. We will replace the solar panel for you if nothing works.

B. Camera does not charge with a wall charger:

1. If the Type-C port on the back cannot be charged, connect the camera’s top USB port directly to a wall charger and check if it can be charged normally.
  2. Please make sure the specification of the charger is 5V/1.5A or above, try to use another charger or cable.
  3. Pay attention to the status of the indicator light during charging. The status of the charging indicator light should be a constant yellow light, it will turn green when fully charged.
    If the indicator light is not on when charging, please push the P button next to the power button and pay attention to the camera’s status. If it can be restarted normally, charge the camera after restarting.
    If nothing works, please send en email to support@netvue.com with your order information and shipping address, we will send you a new camera.

Netvue