Solar panel troubleshooting

Hi there, my solar panel makes my birdfy stop working, anyone else have this happen?

3 Likes

YES! I love the bird feeder but seems ridiculous that it doesn’t work while solar panel is plugged in and charging. What’s the point of it I have to keep plugging and unplugging it.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this!

Could you make sure that you take off the waterproof cap and well plug the back of your camera?
If do and it still not charging, could you send your device ID to us so we could check it for you.

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this!

You mentioned that you need to keep plugging and unplugging it, could you make sure that you take off your waterproof cap and well plug in your camera? If it does not help, could you send your device ID to us?

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

Hi there—the solar panel works to charge the feeder, but the camera stops the live feed while charging. Is it possible for the solar panel to be on the birdfy camera full time and have it still be functional?

Hi,

We are working on this problem and trying to find out the solution, if you could wait for us, we will send you our service plan and let you know once we got the solution, if you cannot wait for it, we could return and refund for you.

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

Same problem. Makes the solar panel fairly useless.

Hi,

We are working on this problem and trying to find out the solution, if you could wait for us, we will send you our service plan and let you know once we got the solution, if you cannot wait for it, we could return and refund for you.

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

I received the Birdfy for Father’s Day and have the same issue with the solar panel. If I plug it in camera goes offline. Unplug it and it works fine.

I’m also having an issue with solar panel causing the camera to go offline. I reached out to the company and was told it is a know issue and technicians are working on it. I was asked to keep it unplugged for now and charge with the usb as needed.

My camera has the same issue. As soon as the solar panel is plugged in the camera goes offline and enters charging mode. Also the solar panel does not have a waterproof type C plug for wet weather as shown on their website security camera video.

I am having the same issue with my solar panel. I do not have a waterproof cap on my solar cord…only on the back of the feeder.

Same problem with camera going offline when plugging in solar panel. I understand it is being worked on, but how will we be notified when fixed.

We are having the same issue. Let us know when you come up with the solution.

Same here……why doesn’t tech support be straight up and tell us their working on it when they chat with us?

Any update on this? The unit goes off when charging from the both the wall and solar charger.

Love the unit otherwise.

1 Like

Hi,

We are still working on it, hopefully will figure it out soon. Because it takes time to send the problem camera back from overseas.

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

Dear Halfreya_Netvue

Here is a very good solution. Everyone on this forum that posted about the charger/solar panel issue should be individually emailed and asked if they would like a new Birdy Feeder or camera at NO charge. It is called good customer service. Try it, I know I would love to have a new correctly functioning product. Any of you agree?

2 Likes

Hi there! I did not receive an email, but I do have solar panel issues and now my bird feeder won’t charge via solar panel or by plugging it in. I only got it two months ago. Looking for a new feeder to be sent. My email is alissa.geipel@gmail.com
Thank you!

1 Like

I received a firmware software update about an hour ago and it seems to have fixed my problem. (While the solar panel was plugged in the camera would remain offline.) I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this fixed it. :crossed_fingers: