Sd card keeps failing..totally unreliable

Sick and tired of "sd card not formatted "…tried all net Vue recommendations…changed sd card…it will load up but will not last 24 hrs…I cannot play back my recordings…was going to buy another cam…but not happy with the product to warrant another purchase…this formatting issue is the same as everyone else and around the same time…whats going on Netvue ??? :rage:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your feedback.

We would recommend you email our customer support team to get better assistance with this issue. You could either email them via support@netvue.com or instant message them on netvue.com.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

They don’t store and keep falin and would like a refund because they are not doing the job

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are looking for a refund solution, please email our customer support team for further assistance. You could easily reach them via support@netvue.com or get instant messages with them on netvue.com.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

Good luck getting a refund. I emailed their support multiple times about getting a refund or exchange on a camera with the same issue - it won’t recognize any SD cards, even cards that work properly in other Netvue cameras - and all I’ve ever gotten back from their support is a form letter email that they’ll review and reply within 24 hours… but they never do. Went back and forth like that for almost a month, and never heard from an actual person.

Very disappointed in this company. The cameras are okay for the money; but the software is lousy and the support is awful.