Omg what is happening

I cannot believe you NetView! what have you done? I have just ordered 40 cameras😱 I updated one of my existing cameras with the new firmware and updated one device to the new update. now every single camera has failed I hope there is a quick fix to this before I return them all. after being with you a few years now this is very disappointing It will cost you many many customers.
Anyone have a solution apart from moving to a different brand?

I am having same issue its nuts in very upset is there anything you did to fix issue all they keep havong me do is reset wifi over n over its crazy and definitely not working

I was in the middle of online chat and everything came back on without doing anything, so I presume they had a problem there end.I trust yours is up and running again now if not have a word in the chat as they were very helpful.

Nope they still cut in and out I’m so upset. People buy cameras for a reason lol definitely not to not be able to use them. Im so glad yours are working again

Hi Friends!

Thanks for your product feedback.

The best way for you to deal with any product-related issue is to reach out to our customer support team via support@netvue.com or get instant chat on netvue.com.

Please feel free to pin us if you have any further questions.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

After 2 months of trying to fix the mess, found out here that I am not alone. Until this time it is not working with all the fix suggestions of the technicians. Good I have other cameras from other company that work so good. Very very disappointed!