Incorrect birds

My camera has identified the following birds: ostrich, penguin, California Condor, peacock, and a host of other birds that are in no way native to my area. Why???

1 Like

Hi friend,

Thanks for sharing it!

Because this is our new product with new technique, as you know, the AI technology is not quite mature in the market, we are working on it and keep fixing it.
There is feedback under the bird detection image, you could send feedback if you find out it shows the wrong bird species, we are upgrading our AI detection, it will help us a lot. And we have FB group where customer who purchases Birdfy are sharing all their information in this group, you could join in if you want: Netvue Birdfy Community | Facebook

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will join that Facebook group. I actually find it quite hilarious when an ostrich is detected in my yard, but my daughter, who spent quite a bit of money on the feeder, doesn’t find it as funny.
Have a good day!
Laura

Hi friend,

We really appreciate your understanding.

We keep working on AI development and upgrading it. Our database is based on the existing pictures that other people uploaded. The more wrong detection pictures customers sent to us, the faster our technique advanced. Thank you for joining our Facebook group.

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

It has yet to ID any bird correctly for me. I was sending in reports for a while but since nothing changed I have turned it off for now. For starters why do you include ALL birds? Why not just include the birds likely to visit a feeder? Puffins and Swans are not going to visit a backyard feeder and would never be confused with a Spotted Towhee. And yes, it was funny at first but I bought this for my Mom who wanted to learn the birds in her backyard. Also? why not let me choose my location? that would greatly reduce the number of birds and increase the chances of a correct ID. Do you have a bird expert on your team? Or even just set up 4 regions and let folks choose their region when they sign up. Maybe partner with a company that has the AI figured out, like iBird Sleuth. With a photo it is 98% correct. Merlin also has it figured out and there are several others. It is a fine camera but disappointing in bird ID. Looking forward to improvements.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know that!

We upload most of the bird species in the world to our database, it still needs time to process, because every species have limited pictures, which is why we welcome all customers to upload their pictures in order to analyze different angles of every bird. We are sorry about the wrong AI detection, we keep upgrading it and hopefully can give our customers a better experience in the future.

Kind regards,
Halfreya@Netvue

1 Like