How to identify the quality of SD card?
1. Micro SD card type and storage capacity
There are three types of SD cards:
- SD (Secure Digital): The maximum storage capacity does not exceed 2GB
- SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity): storage capacity from 2GB to 32GB
- SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity): storage capacity varies from 32GB to 512GB
We recommend using SDXC, SD card with 32-128GB memory, and try to choose larger memory
2. SD card class standard
Class represents the minimum transmission speed, the higher the level, the faster the transmission speed.
we recommend using Classs-10 (the minimum transmission speed is 10M/s)
3. SD card grade standard-UHS
UHS (Ultra High Speed) represents the lowest writing speed. There are three versions: UHS-I, UHS-II and UHS-III. For example, the minimum reading speed of UHS-I card is 10M/S.
4. Minimum transmission & writing speed VS actual speed
Generally speaking, the actual speed is much higher than the minimum speed standard. Marked with Class10 or UHS-1, and provide a MicroSD card with a maximum speed of 80MB/s, which can basically capable of 1080p video recording.
SD card brand recommendation and where to buy?
- We recommend SanDisk.
- Attention when buying: Purchase Class-10, or the promotion speed is at least 80MB/s
- Please buy from formal channels
SanDisk SD cards are available on Netvue shop, and the standard grades are:
Class-10; UHS-I; 100MB/s; 32/64/128GB
If you want to buy a higher-level (UHS-II, UHS-III) SD card, please buy it from a regular channel, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d like to look for suitable sources for you and provide you with sales.
Check SD Card recording time and more: