Firmware update frozen

I have a Home Cam that has frozen at 50% when updating the firmware from 1545, it is connected to 2.4 WiFi, and powered up, I have tried rebooting the camera and resetting it to no avail, any ideas?

Hi Friend,

Could you please provide more details so that we could better assist you?

Generally speaking, for Home Cam, it usually would not become frozen during the update process. The potential issues behind your questions could be 1) the device has frozen physically or 2)the update process has frozen. Could you please double-check and let us know more details about the situation?

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Netvue

Hi, It is the update process that has frozen.

5214474531200159, by me the update is frozen too, by 50%. What can I do ?

Hi Friend,

Could you please provide us your full device ID? We will send out update invite one more time.

Thanks!
Netvue

Hi Friend,

We have re-set the update to your device. Could you please try again and see if it starts to work?

Best,
Netvue

Hi Friend,

We have re-set the update to your device. Could you please try again and see if it starts to work?

Best,
Netvue

Home Cam id: 6816485131901150

Nothing happens. Firmware update is always at 50%. I reboot two time and reset the wifi configuration and its the same.

Hi Friend,

We just reset the update process of your device. Could you please try again and see if it starts to work?

Best,
Netvue

Hi
I have re booted the camera and WiFi signal is shown as good but the update is still stuck at 50%

Hi Friend,

Could you make sure your device is in online condition please? We will re-set it again for you.

Thanks!
Netvue

Hi Friend,

Could you make sure your device is in online condition please? We will re-set it again for you.

Thanks!
Netvue

Ok. My device is Online now.

Yes mine is on line now

Ok. Now my device works but with the past firmware 1545. I try to update to 1568 and download dont start. They just show 0% - Download …
May be its normal.

Hi, yes mine is the same camera working on 1545 but will not start the update to 1568, at least the camera is working!

Hi,

With your device in online condition, we have resent the update to your device. Please try again. Thanks for your patience and kindly support.

Best,
Netvue

Hi,

With your device in online condition, we have resent the update to your device. Please try again. Thanks for your patience and kindly support.

Best,
Netvue

Hi,
I am afraid it is still not updating to 1568 it just sits at 0%, but the camera is still working on 1545
Thanks for your support.