Recently, we have received some SD card problems encountered by our users. We take this very seriously. After investigation, the SD card issues may have the following reasons:
Q: The SD card was originally used normally, but suddenly it failed to mount and needs to be formatted repeatedly?
Reason 1. SD card quality issues:
If the quality of the SD card itself is poor, or does not reach the Class-10 level, or the inner size is too small, the SD card may be vulnerable. As the usage time increases, the storage effect of the SD card will get worse and worse, and problems such as inability to write or mount may occur.
- Buy a well-known brand SD card
- Make sure the standard is at least Class-10
- Make sure the memory is at least 32GB (supports up to 128GB).
Reason 2. Firmware problem:
To let Cameras work stably 24 hours a day, we must have a perfect equipment operation mechanism. Among them, when the device has some problems, the device may automatically restart. Normally, the device will return to normal in no time.
But for some devices (mainly devices whose Device ID starts with 2034 and 7016), if the SD card is activated, restarting the device may cause the SD card to fail to mount, so you will see that the SD card no longer records, and may need to be reformatted.
Update on February 8 : the internal test has passed, and now the public test of firmware 1568 has begun. If your device ID is “2034” or “7016” and want to join the test, please send an email to email@example.com
Original text on February 4:
In this regard, we have taken urgent firmware optimization. Currently, the latest firmware developed is under internal testing;
If your Device ID starts with 2034 or 7016 and you want to join the test, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the internal test, we will invite you to join the firmware test.
After all tests are completed, we will gradually release it to users for updates.
Q: The correct way to insert SD card?
- Make sure there is nothing in the SD card that you need to backup
- Cut off your device power
- Insert SD Card (Class-10; 32-128GB)
- Connect Power
- Access"Replay" page of your device, you might need to format it
Q: No card is displayed in the APP after it is inserted?
- Make sure you’ve insert the SD card correctly according to the above process
- Power off and restart the camera
- If still fill, try again with another SD card
Q: Frame skipping when playing SD card recordings?
Your SD card has been used for too long or the quality is too poor. Please replace with a new high-quality SD card (Class-10; 32-128GB)
Q: No video has been recorded to SD card?
- Make sure you’ve access the right page (replay page) on Netvue App to watch recorded videos.
- If you just inserted the SD card, the device may not start recording, please wait 10 minutes and check again.
- Access “Micro SD Card” page in the device settings to check the remaining space. If the memory is too small, please replace the SD card; if there are other files in your card, please format it.
Q: SD card recording time?
SD card usage time:
The quality of the SD card and the number of reads and writes will affect the life of the SD card.
SD card maximum write data volume (GB) = capacity (GB) x theoretical maximum write times (500-1000)
SD card recording time:
To record 1 hour of video, requires about 600M of memory.
The maximum recording time of an SD card = capacity (GB) x theoretical maximum write times (500-1000) / 0.6
|Capacity GB||Actual capacity GB||Recordable video duration (hours)||Lower recordable duration (hours)||Maximum recordable duration (hours)||Lower recordable duration (days)||Upper recordable duration (days)||Recommended Duration (days)|