Downloading update

I am trying to download a firmware update. It continually says it’s downloading but it never goes up from 0% downloaded. I wait a long time, nothing changes.

Hi friend,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please provide us your full device ID so we could help you to re-send the device upgrade?
Please also make sure your device maintains online mode during the whole process so we could send the request from our end.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

My device ID is 7016490311701389

I do make sure it is online

Thanks !
Linda

My friend at my house can get camera on his phone but now I can’t and I have the Alexa app

Hi Linda,

We have re-sent the upgrade request to your devices. Please follow the instruction in the Netvue App and see if your device can be upgraded successfully.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your question.

We would recommend you to reach out to our customer support team for further assistance. You could connect with them on support@netvue.com or instant message them on netvue.com.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

Thank you, however, when I go to Upgrade, it still says downloading and stays at 0%. Is there anything else that I can do?

So your request was sent directly to my camera?

Hi,

Thanks for your quick feedback.

Yes. We have sent the request directly to your camera.

If the upgrade still doesn’t work, please contact our customer support team for further assistance. You could easily reach them via support@netvue.com or instant message them on netvue.com.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team