Birdfy - how to get bird recognition

Yeah. Mine consistently “recognizes” now; it’s just laughably, terribly wrong. I think we all have to accept it’s just a birdcam and get ourselves a field guide.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. .

My AI randomly stopped and I don’t get AI pictures, just video and no recognition. Please help!

The AI is a joke. It never identifies a bird correctly and it’s not even close

Just installed. No bird recognition. Big disappointment. Could’ve bought a Ring camera and placed it on my feeder pole for a whole lot less, but I wanted the AI feature. Now I’m reading all of these comments dating back MONTHS with no resolution. YIKES. I’ll be sure to pass on to all my birding friends that this product is a hard pass!

Just got mine and birds are coming, however, no bird recognition, very disappointed.

I dont seem to get any bird recognition

I am having the same problem and am very disappointed because I too, bought the Birdfy for bird recognition. It is advertised on the box to look so easy!

Anybody ever reply to these forums?!!

I have the same issue. No bird identification at all anymore.

I too do not get bird recoginition. Very frustrating.

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.

Could you check if you could see these notifications in the APP by pressing the bell button as below? There are 2 different situations"

Case A; If the notification is empty. Please turn off motion detection, turn it on again. Adjust the sensitivity to height. Then power off/on the camera, do another check. Make sure the motion filter chooses all movements.

Situation B: If motion detected, please click the events that detected bird and marked as AI in the upper left corner, you will get a short video. below the short video. there should be some pictures, select it and you will find information about the birds.

Please let me know if it works or not.

Hi
I tried all this and still no AI.

Hi, there,
Sorry for the inconvenience brought.
Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the notification page? Including birds detected but no AI mark.
We will fix it for you as soon as possible.

Netvue

Thank You Jimmy Gray Sent from iCloud

Hi, there,
Sorry for the late reply.
I just checked your camera and found the camera you purchased is a Birdfy lite version without AI recognition feature. Sorry to tell you that only AI Birdfy camera has this feature, you need to subscribe to Bird Detection service, $4.99/Month,$49.0/Year

Netvue

Hi I received my order but I am missing the solar panel I ordered. Can you help?
phone # 716-983-0664
address 59 winkler drive grand island 14072

Thank You Jimmy Gray Sent from iCloud

I can not get the bird identifier to work. I bought the subscription monthly. It seems this has been a problem for everyone and if it is not a working feature, it is false advertising and you can be sued for charging customers for a feature you can not provide. Also the audio only worked for one day.

Hi,
Can I have the order number please?

Netvue

Hi, there,
Sorry for the inconvenience brought.
Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the notification page? Including birds detected but no AI mark.
We will fix it for you as soon as possible.

Netvue