Birdfy - how to get bird recognition

Hi - enjoying my Birdfy so far, quite a few birds have made their way to the feeder. Right now, it’s only showing me generic motion alerts, even when there is clearly a bird in the image. Is there any setting I need to make on the app or elsewhere to get it started recognizing birds? Or will it just start recognizing birds and telling me the identification information on its own? Thanks.

1 Like

Am i the only person who bought this thing?

Hi friend!

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Can you see a button for “Show AI Pics” underneath the recorded video? Please click on that to see the Bird Recognition result.

Please check and see if you can see it.

Let us know,
Netvue Marketing Team

I don’t have any AI button on the recordings and am not seeing any bird identifications

1 Like

Recognition finally started about four days in, then stopped again for many days. Then it came back for a few hours, and has been gone again ever since. It is very inconsistent. The video quality is always the same - I think there is a server problem at netvue. It needs a restart or something, and Netvue just doesn’t take care of it.

1 Like

I am having the same problem and don’t have the option in the suggestion either. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi friend!

Could you please share with us a screenshot so we could check for you?

Thanks,
Netvue Marketing Team

Hi friend!

We are taking care and improving on Birdfy AI Recognition feature. Please share some images/videos here so we could check on this feature for you.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

Hi Sunshine,

Could you please share some further details on the issue?

Thanks,
Netvue Marketing Team

Yes, I do not get the bird identification options. I have notifications on for the bird feeder camera but do not get them and have to manually check the app for new bird sightings. I have made sure I am on the current firmware and app version. These have never worked in the entire time I have had the bird feeder up.

Sure. Here is a very obvious picture of a scrub jay. He comes by 5-6 times every day. No recognition of any kind of bird. It has been more than a week since any bird recognition occurred. There is very obviously a problem with your recognition system. Please fix this.

For what it’s worth, the recognition is working again this morning, pretty consistently. image quality is the same. It must be something with the recognition server.

aaaand after five days of consistent recognition, bird recognition has stopped again. Image quality is the same. Time to restart the server, Netvue.

I just purchased the Birdfy through Amazon and am having the same exact issue as both of you. The camera will occasionally tell me when there’s generic motion but will absolutely not identify the bird at the feeder. I did have an app update but this only corrected the network issue I was experiencing. Sorry to see that others are having the same problem.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it. It is definitely a problem on the Netvue end. The recognition just stops - or in your case, doesn’t start. They had it working for about five days, but it’s been dead for several days now. No one at Netvue seems to be paying any attention.

Hi Birdfy Lovers!

Thanks for all the lovely feedback on Bird AI Recognition.

We have started a new round of training of AI algorithm with more data set. Once we finish the round of development, the recognition result accuracy should be improved. :nerd_face:

Meanwhile, we are also thinking about starting an AI group for you guys to provide AI recognition feedback. What do you guys think about this idea?

Thanks again for all your kind support for Birdfy.

Best,
Netvue Marketing Team

Great to hear that you are working to improve recognition accuracy, but you that is not the problem being reported here by so many users.

We are reporting that the recognition does not occur, at all, ever. Or it will function for a few days, then cease completely for several days.

It’s not about accuracy. The system is broken and not recognizing at all.

1 Like

I am having the same problem.